Man in police custody escapes from hospital | Crime
DOTHAN, AL (WSFA) - A Dothan man serving time for unpaid fines now faces an even longer stretch behind bars after he escaped from police custody while being treated at a local hospital.
According to Dothan police, 23-year-old Curtis Thomas Bacon was serving time for fines in the Dothan City Jail when he was transferred to a local hospital for some type of medical treatment. Bacon escaped from police custody while at the hospital. Workers found a Dothan City Jail uniform in the stairwell of the hospital.
Bacon was located at a downtown motel a short time later and was taken into custody again after a short foot pursuit. He has now been arrested for Escape Second Degree and is being held on a $15,000 bond.
Top Dothan Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prosecution says court was wrong to overturn Troy rape convictions
- No. 21 Troy Defeats Arkansas State 3-2 in Sun Belt Tournament Opener
- Air Force Maj. Gen. Walter D. Givhan talks value of education with TROY grads
- TROY professor earns national award
- Conviction overturned in Troy mobile home park rape cases