Fight over cell phone ends with knife assault | Crime
On June 19, 2012 the Dothan Police Department responded to a report of an edged weapon assault in the 400 block of North Herring Street. Upon arrival, police located two victims, an adult male who had sustained a minor cut on his head, and an adult female who had sustained a large laceration to her arm which required immediate medical attention. According to the victims and witnesses, a verbal altercation over a cellular phone escalated to violence when Danny Jerome Bryant assaulted the victims with a knife. Investigators worked on the case throughout the day and say the suspect was arrested and charged with felony assault.
- Danny Jerome Bryant, black male, 29 years of age, of North Herring Street was arrested and charged with Second Degree Assault with a $15,000 bond.
Information Source: Dothan PD
Top Dothan Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect