Dothan Police arrest man on drug charges | Crime
On January 5, 2013 the Dothan Police Department responded to the 3300 block of South Oates Street in reference to a possible vehicle accident. When police arrived they located a red Ford Expedition in the ditch of the north bound lane with no driver. The vehicle was still in gear running with the rear wheels spinning. During the investigation police learned that the vehicle was registered to Russell Teal.
Simultaneously, a second officer responding to the area arrived and observed a man walking away from the vicinity and identified him as Russell Teal. Officers noted Teal appeared to be intoxicated and nervous and was unable to speak clearly. As the roadside investigation continued, officers discovered Teal was in possession of a bag of Methamphetamine. Teal was arrested on scene and charged for narcotics with an ongoing investigation regarding the single car crash.
Russell Teal, white male, 39 years of age, of Third Avenue was arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with a $5,000 bond.
All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Source: Dothan Police Department
Top Dothan Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect