Overnight Dothan fire kills 2 children, injures 3 adults | News
DOTHAN, AL (WSFA) - An overnight fire in Dothan has claimed the life of two children and injured three adults.
Dothan Firefighters were dispatched to a home at 100 Ginnalou Drive at around 11 p.m. in response to a structure fire. Officials say when crews arrived on the scene, they reported several people trapped inside the fully engulfed home.
Three adults were transported to local hospitals. Two are currently listed in critical condition. The third is listed in serious condition.
SLIDESHOW: Scene photos of Dothan house fire
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time and the investigation continues.
The Alabama State Fire Marshal's office, along with city and federal authorities are investigating the fatal blaze.
Monday night saw three fatal house fires across Alabama. In addition to the Dothan fire, investigators are working a Pike County fire that killed an 82-year-old man as well as a Jackson County fire that killed a 77-year-old man.
The State Fire Marshal's Office has open investigations into each of these fires.
Top Dothan Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect