The latest round of road trips released today by the Alabama Tourism Department include spending the night at one of state’s last active plantations, hiking one of the largest river canyons in the Southeast and taking a ferry to a remote hideaway to see the renowned Gee’s Bend quilters.
The next 10 trips include:
- Gulf Coast Family Fun
- Gee’s Bend: Pastimes to Patchwork
- Discover Dothan: The Heart of Alabama’s Wiregrass
- Famous Alabama Hometown Heroes
- Bicentennial Road Trip from Burnt Corn to Horseshoe Bend
- Florence: Alabama’s Renaissance City
- Rocking and Rolling on the Mountains
- Fort Payne: The View from Lookout Mountain
- Alabama’s Coastal Connection: National Scenic Byway
- Greensboro and Marion: Interesting People, Places & Food.
“We now have 30 road trips posted online and each provides detailed itineraries for families, couples, friends and individuals,” s