Living in a Material World grants for classrooms available | Schools
Bring the real world of materials science into your classroom. Metals, glasses, ceramics, semiconductors, polymers are the material choices at the heart of all new systems.
Students, however, often hear of materials science too late for career planning. That's why the ASM Foundation is committed to working with and supporting teachers through "Living in a Material World" K-12 teacher grants. The ASM Materials Eduction Foundation sponsors 10 annual grants for teachers. Each grant has a value of $500.
Qualified educators are called upon to submit a two-page proposal describing a curriculum based hands-on project, involving students' observations, communications, and mathematics and science skills that will enhance their awareness of the materials around them. To learn more about these grants, please visit the ASM International website at www.asminternational.org and search for ASM K12 Teacher Grants.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 25th.
Source: Alabama School Journal
Top Dothan Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to rename street in honor of Civil Rights heroine
- Stephanie Burgans wins Troy University's McKinley Award
- Brundidge man killed in early morning crash in Pike County
- Suspect arrested in North Three Notch Street burglary case
- Troy Police arrest one man on burlgary charges; seek whereabouts of second suspect