Photo Gallery | Troy University announces Homecoming Court
TROY -- Troy University has announced its 2012 Homecoming Court following a vote of the University’s student body.
The members of the court will ride in the annual Homecoming parade in downtown Troy beginning at 10 a.m. on Nov. 17 and later will be introduced during pre-game festivities at Veterans Memorial Stadium beginning at 2 p.m. The Trojans will play host to Sun Belt Conference foe Arkansas State at 2:30 p.m. The Homecoming Queen will be crowned at halftime.
Members of the court are:
- Marsena Morgan, a senior biomedical science major from Helena, is the daughter of Sharon Morgan and is sponsored by Alpha Gamma Delta sorority. She is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta sorority, Order of Omega, Omicron Delta Kappa, Relay for Life, Campus Outreach and a Student Government Association Senator.
- Allison Reynolds, a senior human resources management major from Auburn, is the daughter of Rick and Sissy Reynolds and is sponsored by Mortar Board Inc. She is a member of Order of Omega Greek Honor Society, Mortar Board, Delta Mu Delta Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Phi Mu Sorority Pledge Class President, Pannellenic Delegate (2010), Secretary (2011), Philanthropy Chair (2011) and an SGA Supreme Court Justice. She also was a 2012 Most Outstanding Woman at Troy University.
- Tia Shallow, a senior biology education major from Pace, Fla., is the daughter of Pat and Tina Shallow and is sponsored by Miss Elite Society and 101 Elite Men. She is Student Government Association Vice President of Legislative Affairs and Committee Chair of Parliamentary Procedure and a member of Chi Omega Fraternity where she serves as Committee Chair for Alumnae Relations. She is a member of Campus Outreach, Miss Elite Society, a Trojan Ambassador, Phi Kappa Phi, Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, and a Millennium Scholar.
- Whitney Weeks a senior elementary education major from Enterprise, is the daughter of Kevin and Angie Weeks and is sponsored by Alpha Tau Omega. She is a Troy University Co-ed cheerleader and co-captain and a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, Mortar Board National Honor Society, Alpha Tau Omega Sweetheart, 3.0 GPA Club for Student Athletes, American Red Cross Organization, Alpha Gamma Delta Alumnae Relations Officer and Homecoming Chair.
- Emily White, a junior elementary education major from Hoover, is the daughter of Gary and Laurie White and is sponsored by Troy University Cheerleading. She is a Troy University Cheerleader, a Diamond Doll and a member of Phi Mu sorority. She also serves on the Student Government Association’s Traffic Appeals Committee and is a Leadership Scholarship and an IMPACT Leader.
Representatives were also selected from Troy University’s campuses in Dothan and Montgomery. These representatives will also take part in the parade and pre-game festivities.
Kellie Detter, a senior English major, will represent the Dothan Campus, while Canessa McReynolds, a sophomore marketing major, will represent the Montgomery Campus.
Detter, a Dothan resident, serves as a Student Government Association senator and is a Trojan Ambassador. She is also vice president of the Creative Writing Club.
McReynolds, a Montgomery resident, is a graduate of Jefferson Davis High School. She is a member of the Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society and the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society, and is an active member of First Congregational Christian Church.
For more information about Homecoming activities, visit www.troy.edu or contact the Alumni Affairs office at 334-670-3318.
Information Source: Troy University